SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rogerwilco_gw

Indoor palm emergency. Please help.

rogerwilco
17 years ago

Hello.

Thank you for reading this. I am a bachelor who lives alone with his indoor palm (I don't know the species). This plant was found in the trash room of my apartment complex and was nearly dead. It consisted of two cylindrical stalks that had dead leaves sprouting from the top.

I replanted the plant and began watering very sparingly and adding miracle grow to its diet. It quickly sprouted a new growth on one side and began rapidly filling out. Whereas the dead growth apparent at the time of its finding had been at the top, this new growth game from the bottom.

Eventually it grew to a point where the still living stalk was beginning to list and I was on the verge of replanting it when I came home tonight.

I found the large greenish grown bent over, unable to support it's own weight. There is a bend in that portion of the plant, but no break. I lifted it up gingerly and tied it back with a shoelace, hoping to alleviate any further damage to my plant.

I am extrememly distressed and don't know what to do. If I repot, the stalk is still too weak to hold its own weight. Can I bury it up above the bend point?

Please help. Even if I have to take a stalk of this plant and start all over I will. Anything to keep this particular one alive. Saving what I have would mean the world to me.

Please help.

Roger Wilco

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus