SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jake76_gw

A few ?s from a hot pepper newb!

jake76
15 years ago

After buying some cheap jalapeno seeds from walmart last year and trying to grow them just for fun I had alot of luck.After that Id say Im hooked on this hobby so for this year I ordered 4 different more special seeds to try.I got the white bullet habs,indian pc-1s,red hot cherries,and tepins to try my luck this year.Ive read many articles on how to get them to start and transplanting them to bigger pots.So I did the tea soak method along with putting the seeds in styrofoam cups to start.The soil mix Im using is miracle grow cactus & citrus mix,I also got some miracle grow organic bone meal as suggested.

I plan on growing everything in pots,just easier for me.I am only going to try around 4 or 5 seeds of each type as to not overwhelm myself if they all germinate and start to grow.My ultimate plan is to have at least 1 of each type live that I can overwinter and keep for years to come.

When its time to transfer my seedlings what size pots should I get for them?(cheap ones) Whats the best soil mix to put in the big pots that I can either get at wal-mart,loews or tractor supply?(where can I get promix) Besides the bone meal what else should I get to keep them healthy or as a supplement?(will be getting alaskan fish fertilizer as soon as they grow). Is it safe to use plain miracle grow powder mix with my water or is this not a good idea? Lastly is it safe to do all of it i.e.tea spray, bone meal,fish fert,miracle grow? If not then whats the 1 thing I should use to keep them healthy for longer than 1 season? Im not super concerned on how many peppers I get as long as I can get 1 plant of each to grow longer than 1 season.Thanks for any and all help with my peppers.

Comments (2)

Sponsored