SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
palmguyzone6a

One Of My Windmill Palms Has......Stalled !

13 years ago

I received 6 Windmill palms about 7 weeks ago. Four were 2 footers and planted along the side of my house. Three of the four are doing fine. They are producing new leaves and everything is going well. The fourth is not doing anything. When it arrived, it had a partially formed leaf plus a small spear coming up and it has not changed in almost 2 months. At about the 5 week mark the partially formed leaf changed a tiny bit (some of the fronds divided in two). I thought it was going to start growing but nothing new in 2 weeks. Because it was planted in the same area as the other 3, I can rule out the following:

Nothing wrong with the soil

Not overwatered or underwatered

Not the fertilizer

Not the amount of sunshine

It was in it's shipping pot the longest as it was the last to be planted. I don't know if that would make any difference. The oldest leaf is starting to die off so that is a normal sign but there is no growth. The only other thing I noticed was the trunk is about twice as thick as the others but the height is the same. I don't know if that has any relevance ? What do you think it's doing ?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm