SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kbauman_gw

I have some Dormacy/Feeding Questions

kbauman
17 years ago

Hi,

Being I came into this forum late in think May last year, I never have gone through dormacy, or early feeding to get the leaves growing.. I have some questions please.

1. Some of my plants in cans are dormant, starting to wake up. Some are starting to put out neat red claws, outside of the closed center tight green ones..thats cool, never seen that. ha. Some are wet on top, can figure something is going on. Some are now finally losing leaves, starting to put out small new leaves from the top. Celidine never lost all its leaves, starting to put out new ones!!!

2. Now, When do you feed the plants? I remember some from last year, saying you use nitrogen to get the leaves to grow? correct? Not bloom food high middle number. Does the leaves grow first then you feed? How long must the leaves be? or do you have to feed to make the leaves grow? Don't know what to do here. Or am I too early in Plumie growth??? and need to go back to digging my new plumie garden AWAY from the west sun!! and sit on my porch and watch my humming birds. ha

3. Most of my plants I bought last year were in 1 gallon containers, rooted, probably rooted cuttings. Couple were blooming. I transplanted them all into 5 gallon containers. Can--should-- they stay one more year in the 5 gallon containers for growing and root development?

3. last one. When you buy a 1 gallon plant that is in bloom. Is this a second year plant?

I am digging a new area to put my plants, my back yard is difficult, mostly in west sun, and my trees/and neighbors trees shade the middle of my yard, so trying to find a small area that I can grow plumies with east and south light. I appreciate the advise and help.

You all got me through last year, you tolerated my dumb questions, thank you............

I learned a lot, but there is still so much more to learn.

thanks,

Karen B

Comments (2)