SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cziga

A couple questions and what do you think of these peppers?

cziga
13 years ago

Hey everyone. I've learned a lot from reading this forum and other research ... and I've grown peppers in the garden for a couple years now, but I'm really starting to get into it! I had a couple questions, I hoped someone here could help me with.

1. Black Hungarian and Black Czech (Black Czechoslovakian) seem to be very similar. What are the main differences between these two peppers? Which do you like better? Which is better for cooking?

2. Are Pasilla Bajio and Chilhuacle Negro the same pepper? In my reading, I came across this: [Comes in three forms, amarillo (yellow), rojo (red) and negro (black). The pods are called 'Chilaca' when fresh and 'Pasilla' when dried. Other common names used 'Pasilla Bajio'.] I was wondering if this was accurate.

3. I'm looking for any comments or opinions on these peppers, as I'm still undecided on them. Could you please tell me your experiences with:

Chili:

Aji Dulce de Venezuela

Cascabel

Dragon's Claw

Pimento Picon

Pulla

Sweet:

Ampuis

Carmagnola Rosso

Choricero

Corbaci

Corno di Toro

Pimento Tangerine

Growing experiences, taste, cooking uses, productivity, etc ... I don't have a lot of room, can probably fit about 10 peppers this summer, and I already have a bunch of "for sure" ones ... so any comments on the varieties above would be very helpful in narrowing the list down :)

Thank you so much for any suggestions!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County