SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kbauman_gw

Trunk & Skin Cracking of Plumies- Question

kbauman
16 years ago

Hi,

I have some skin and trunk damage. As discussed So. CA had so much rain and cold night temps. My plants in the ground and large containers I could not move..and a sudden low 30's and cold rain got a few of my plants.

My question is: on the plants frozen or too much constant cold rain the skin is cracking on the plant bottom to top. Is a criss-cross pattern, with gouges like you took a screwdriver and took chunks out. The skin is falling off some the plants breaking loose. Some the skin is off and the lower trunk area is like wood, smooth and brown and hard, celedine and red white like Bills,.and daisy Wilcox.

Now is this a cosmetic thing or are my plants blowing out from the inside out? Are the roots rotting?? Aztec Gold has a gray top, such tip damage. Some have green tops with tip damage, some look like they have lost their claws and are brown wood tops that could be broke off, kaluda wilder..this is different for me...kimi beauty darn it, turned to brown wood and died.. that is what concerns me with the plants mentioned.

Is this normal or will they continue to have problems? Are the roots possibly have rot because of the trunks being dark brown like wood??? boy hope not..this is new for me, need advise

Karen B.

Comments (17)