SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
styler32

Is something wrong with my newly planted landscaping?

styler32
12 years ago

Hi everyone! Long time reader, first time poster to the palm board. We recently had our landscaping done the first week of April and everything was going great until now. My husband and I are new to keeping plants, flowers, trees, etc. alive and worry if we are over watering or under watering. Everything is planted in full sun (we face North) and I'm about 1 mile from the Gulf of Mexico.

The first 3 weeks we watered everyday. Around the fourth week we went to every other day. Now I've been watering every 2 days. Based on my pictures, can anyone tell me what's going on, and/or what we're doing wrong?? (Picture heavy)

-Bottle Palm

The frond is turning completely brown with a little bit of dark green but doesn't look anywhere near opening. The leaves are turning brown, some with spots and every tip is brown.

-Foxtail

A ton of leaves are completely brown and 2 fronds will not open and the tip that did open out of 1 have leaves that turning brown. It also has some black stuff that I can scrape off on the trunks.

-Roebelenii

It's starting to yellow a lit bit all over, with one frond completely yellow and brown.

-Agapanthus

This is 1 out of 3 we have planted. For some reason it has yellowed and the leaves are starting to curl.

We'll take any advice you can give. Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor