SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
naturegirl_2007

Will they grow? Seed germination experiment

The winter snow got to me last week and I scrounged up various pepper seeds and planted them. None were anything I really wanted to grow, but rather ones I was curious as to "will they grow?" Some did already and I'm off to take some photos. Here's what I planted...any guesses as to which ones are up already?

---Two kinds of seeds collected off the floor near the bulk dried peppers at a local produce store. One kind was large seeds, one very small seeds. I'm guessing they were from the poblanos(anchos) and cayennes. The produce manager just laughed at the crazy lady who asked if she could pick up a few to grow.

---Two sets of seeds picked out of crushed pepper mixes. One had been in my cupboard forever. The other was included with a recent Chinese takeout order that we asked to have made hot.

---A few seeds from the shaker jar at our favorite pizza parlor, taken home wrapped in the sticky part of the high class napkin ring.

---Seeds from bagged dried California Chiles (Don Enrique brand) They were marked down to $.17 due to a damaged bag. They looked like a science experiment to me :)

---Also threw in a few seeds I saved from pods grown last summer to fill up the rest of the cells.

So, what's growing after 9 days? I'm off to check on the latest sprouts.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus