SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biinaboo

Easy Easy Recipe

Kristiina DiOrio
18 years ago

I just had to post this easy easy way to get rid of a few habs. Last night for the super bowl I was asked to make a batch of Buffalo Wontons. They turn out absolutely mouth burning good!

Kristiina's Buffalo Wontons

4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

2 LARGE Red Habanero

1 Cup Franks Red Hot Sauce (Extra for dipping)

1 package Wonton wrappers

Shredded Mozzarella

Bake chix breasts with 1 cup red sauce until done. While baking, finely dice habanero peppers. Once chix is done baking and warm to the touch, dice (as finely as desired). Mix in a large bowl: Diced Peppers, Diced chix and shredded cheese. Lay out wonton wrappers and water with basting brush. (I prefer to use a melon baler to scoop the chix mixture. It allows for uniform filling. I usually use 2 scoops of a medium to small melon baler.) Scoop mixture into middle of wonton shell. Baste a fine layer of water onto 2 edges of the shell and fold corner to corner. (I prefer to leave an inch all the way around the filling. It allows for a crisp, chip-like edge) While sealing make sure to push put all the air as possible. (This prevents a large air pocket during frying.) When all are filled, you can either put them in the freezer to use at another time or fry right away. (Can be stored in the fridge but I don't recommend that longer than a day or 2) If you decide to freeze, make sure that they are thawed before frying or you will have a very crispy outside and a very frozen inside. Whenever you decide to fry, make sure to let rest on a paper towel to wick away excess oil and sprinkle (while warm and wet) with a good sea salt. Well worth the extra effort!

I should also mention that I typically use the wonton wrappers whole and make VERY large ones. (1 1/2 is usually my max) The wrapper could also be cut into 4 equal sized squares and make nearly bite sized buffalo wonton poppers :-) Wonton wrappers are also so versatile that you could even bake it if you were opposed to frying but the texture would be completely different. Try 1 or 2 before baking a whole batch.

I used 2 large habs but was told that the next batch could probably stand 1 or 1 large and 1 small. Try different peppers or different heat levels...this is a really really easy recipe! I guess I just like the torture! :-D

ENJOY!

Kristiina

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH