SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
iluvbotany4life

My sprouted ornamental peppers are dying...help :(:(

iluvbotany4life
14 years ago

I grew some ornamental peppers(Black Pearl) from seeds in sterile soil in a mini hot house. I put two seeds in each little cell that was about 3 inches deep. I sowed 18 seeds and got about a 60% return. When the seeds sprouted, I removed the plastic dome lid. The sprouts grew well for several weeks, but within the last few weeks, I have noticed that there has not been much growth. The sprouts grew to about 2 inches high, and started dying. The 2 tiny leaves curl inward, and eventually it just wilts and dies. I now have 6 left and about 3 look relatively promising while the others are borderline ready to die. I replanted them all, fearing there was some kind of mineral missing, and now they are each planted seperately in a well draining soil in styrofoam coffee cups with drainage holes. I don't understand what made them start to wilt in the first place. They were always well watered and got plenty of sunlight. I did notice that the roots were pretty long when I replanted, but they looked white and healthy. Any ideas or advice?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES