SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ladyamity

Please - What type of Palm is this? How to make it Healthy?

ladyamity
15 years ago

Hello,

I've grown almost every type of plant known to Southern California from Roses to Fiber Optic Plants. From Orchids to very delicate Ferns.

I have Never, Ever had a Palm of any type and I have no idea what to do with this one!

My neighbor asked me to help her drag a dead plant to the curb.

When I got to her back yard I told her it was a palm and looked like lots of new growth.

She didn't care, she wanted it out of her back yard.

I asked her if I could have it ..... she said she didn't care as long as I got it out of her yard.

I went back home, got my Dolly and brought home my new Palm.

The only problem........

I have nooooo idea what type of palm it is nor do I know what to do to help it come back to life!

I've searched the internet this morning and now I'm more confused than I was before I started researching Palms....low light/bright sun/very wet/don't water until it's totally dry/supposed to get yellow/not supposed to get yellow...etc.

And just when I thought I had the identity down pat, I found another photo with a totally different name for this plant.

I'm hoping someone here can help by identifying this Palm and hopefully give me tips on how to bring it back to a nice dark green instead of all the yellow fronds it has now.

My fence is 6 ft. tall for comparison....height of the Palm.

Thank you so very much!

Amity

{{gwi:1129530}}

{{gwi:1129531}}

{{gwi:1129532}}

Comments (6)