SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Bt San Diego Product Names for Hannah

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
15 years ago

Hannah,

Here is a list of some of the products that contain Bt "San Diego" for the control of Colorado Potato Beetles.

Colorado Potato Beetle Attack by Ringer

B. t. Leaf Beetle Attack by Safer

Colorado Potato Beetle Beater by Bonide (with Bt)*

* I think Bonide now has a similar product but with Spinosad (another organic ingredient) instead of Bt, so be sure you get the Bt one. (Nothing against Spinosad, but I haven't tried it on CPBs, so can't say if it is effective.)

Colorado Potato Beetle Pre-Adult Control by Dragon

M-Trak by Mycogen

I've linked one of these products for you below so you can see what the bottle looks like. On the link below, scroll down to the second product shown. (The first one shown is the Bt for caterpillars.)

If you can't find one in a local store, you can always order online.

I don't know if you can treat in time to save your potato crop this year, but if you hand-pick them until you can find the Bt product, you might be able to save them. Regardless, you need to get them under control because they will infest other plants as I mentioned in the previous thread, and also will overwinter and then come back to haunt you next year.

If the thought of hand-picking them grosses you out, put on a pair of gloves and go out to the garden with a bowl of soapy water. Look for CPBs and, when you find them, flick each one into the soapy water with a gloved finger and they will drown in the soapy water. Or, flick them onto the ground and step on them and squish them.

Good Luck,

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonide Colorado Potato Beetle Beater

Comments (2)