SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soonergrandmom

The new question...

soonergrandmom
11 years ago

The new question has changed at our house from: "Can you eat green beans again today?", to "How do you want your zucchinni?" LOL

I wanted a few cucumbers today so carefully checked the vines and picked a few pickling cucumbers. I should have checked for slicers first because I had about four really nice ones on those vines. I had a really busy weekend, but thought I had checked those vines on Saturday. Guess that will be an everyday occurrence now.

We took out the rest of the broccoli plants this morning and cleaned up that bed. Although the temp was only 82, it felt like a sauna, and the mosquitoes almost ate me up as I pulled the grass out of the bed. I think I disturbed their habitat. Just as I finished, the clouds rolled in and a breeze began to blow, then a light sprinkling of rain and a drop in temperature to 71. It's back up to 77 again, but it was nice while it lasted.

My southern peas are coming up nicely and my plan for today is to plant spaghetti squash and maybe a few cantaloupe. I haven't planted any this year, but did have a few volunteers where I grew melons last year.

Some of my tomato vines are really looking bad. They have lots of fruit, so I should have a fairly good harvest, but I don't think the vines will be strong enough to go all summer. Well, a few are OK, but overall they don't look that great. I have had to knock those little bugs off several times, but they haven't been as bad as the first time.

Comments (13)