SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lileecoi

Help!! I got too carried away :0(

16 years ago

Last winter I got a case of yellow & purple passionfruit. I planted the seeds, placing the resulting (20)plants in a sunny outdoor bed for the summer along with a p. quadrangularis & p. maliformis & other edulis cuttings. Fast forward to now- in DC, where I live, its almost time to bring them indoors. How long can I keep fruiting plants outside before damge to fruit? What's the best way to dig up passies planted in the ground and replace them in pots. I know I will probably have to prune them but do I need to prune the roots? Is it possible to get the fruiting vines to ripen indoors? Some have may fruit but do I have to lose them when I transfer to pots? I'll be moving them from my Mom's yard to my apartment where I use artificial lighting, humidifiers & battle temps frequently in the 90's all winter long(I grow orchids with no problems other than space ;0) Do passies need to go through a period of dormancy or can I keep them growing non-stop all winter long? Any info anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. It was so hard to get the seeds to grow & I would hate to see all the effort go to waste.

-Thanks-

Comments (7)

Sponsored