SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
opqdan

Devil's Tongue Habanero (Year 3)

opqdan
18 years ago

In July I posted some pictures of my devil's tongue habanero plant (the old pictures can be found here). I just wanted to offer an update on the progress of the now 2+ year old plant. This thing has been growing like a weed, even though I barely take care of it while it is over-wintering. There are no peppers on it but tons of blooms. I try not to let the flower buds stick around long, because I don't want it to try to set fruit before I can harden it off (which I started Easter weekend).

The plant itself is one of the biggest pepper plants I have ever seen in my life. Last year I got aroung 100 peppers from the plant when it was a quarter of the size and got some amazingly bad sunburn due to lack of hardening off. I figure this year I may get upwards of 500 peppers off of this one plant.

The Devil's tongue in the window (east facing) where it sits all winter.{{gwi:1138303}}
From the top (those are turkey's to the left) {{gwi:1138304}}
And finally a picture of me holding it (I'm 6'7" for comparison). This picture doesn't do the plant justice though, it is taken from the thin side.

{{gwi:1138305}}

I can't wait till this thing sets fruit. I'll take some pictures when it does.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!