SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krstofer_gw

I *thought* I could, but then.. Now I hope I can..

Krstofer
18 years ago

{{gwi:1131994}}{{gwi:1132969}}

I found my capsularis almost in bloom a few weeks ago and immediately thought of polinating it with either itself or something else or both in order to get fruit.

Well.. It didn't work. I think because nothing I had blooming at the time was close enough genetically, and I thought because the plant itself wasn't self fertile.

Then...

{{gwi:1129485}}

Today I found my quinquangularis in bloom. Almost immediately I thought of the capsularis I had failed with..

I went & looked at it and the capsularis still has buds. Nothing's open now, but it looks like it'll bloom tomorrow. Maybe I can cross these two.

When looking at the capsularis I got a little suprise...

{{gwi:1132971}}{{gwi:1132973}}

Apparently it managed to polinate itself somehow. With no input from me.. Or anything else, as to my knowledge no other passion flowers were in bloom untill thismorning when my incense popped. (again) I tried already, and incense X capularis isn't a romantic relationship. At least as far as I know.

Anyway.. The capsularis has polinated itself somehow & I have fruit. (I promise I won't pick any till they fall off, Ian..) WHenever I get 1 flower on each open I'm going to try the cross thing.. WHo knows what'll happen. I *may* also try the X incense again.. Since I haven't any idea how this polinatioin (obviously) happened by itself- the only thing I can think of is *maybe* those early flowers (the ones I tried hand polinating) were ... unviable.. Or something.

The whole thing is very strange.. But at least I have fruit & another oppertunity to create a cross.

Comment (1)

Sponsored