SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igwiz

Are they too deep, too small, or just silly?

igwiz
17 years ago

I purchased and planted 10 peonies in fall 2005. All were "guarunteed" to have at least 3 eyes. Two of them, however, seemed like VERY small divisions, and I only saw about 1 eye each.

I only got one stalk from both of them last year, with no flowers, and got one stalk from one and two from the other again this year. Not even thinking about a bud on either one of them. So, here is my question....

Are they planted too deep and refusing to flower (I simply can't imagine, as they are the first to come up every year, which I take to mean as shallow as they can be without being on the surface, since their compatriates have buds this year)?

Are they too small of divisions, so that they need several years to develop (this is my guess, as I got them from Breck's, who have yet to provide me with anything that isn't lame, half-assed, or low quality)?

Or are the bloody things just silly? They are Sorbet, and so I didn't know if they were just too dumb to ever produce flowers (can only imagine Darwin rolling in his grave if this is the case...).

Thanks in advance for your advice/ideas,

Thane T. (igwiz)

Comments (8)