SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
floridabear

Got My BIG Alata!

floridabear
17 years ago

I finally bought a 3 foot long rooted 'cutting' of Alata..or 'Ruby Glo'. I couldn't belive the price,and for the size. Had I known that it actually would be this nice I would have bought 2 or 3 vines. I got it off of EBay. The other seller on EBay that I bought the tiny cuttings from, said she was going to replace my old ones that died,..but she never came through, all talk no action, as usual from most people. So I found this seller...and he had these LONG rooted ALATA rooted cuttings,at nearly 3 ft long for $10. It arrived a few days ago and it is alreay growing and ready to go in the ground or in a much bigger pot! The tendils are reaching out all over to grab anything,and new leaves are already starting! Well the picture looks like Ruby Glo to me,..he sold it as Alata,,I think they are the same plant..maybe they are so closely related, there is little difference? All I know it has huge heavy red blooms,and this 'cutting' is a thick stemmed passion vine that has flowers that look like Ruby Glo. Deep red and lots of blue 'tendrils' in the middle. This summer will tell. At the rate it is already growing in a 4in pot...a long deep pot,it will be blooming by summer. I hope! Just figured I'd let you know I found one that was more than a 4in rooted cutting for an outrageous price. It isnt a huge plant,but at least it is a BIG long rooted cutting. A great starter, compared to the little tip cuttings I kept getting.

Comments (14)

Sponsored