SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tigerdawn_gw

tomato leaf questions

tigerdawn
12 years ago

I'd like to learn to recognize tomato issues. I have included pictures of my plants in the hopes that some of the problems have names and can be fixed. I have identified thrips and adult aphids on some of the plants but the leaves are not so obvious.

Roger's Best Black has darkening on the outer portions of the youger leaves. It is pretty but is it dangerous?

Black Cherry seems to have the most leaf damage of all the plants.

Yellow Boar is one of several plants with this going on.

Dana's Dusky Rose. If this flower gets pollinated, it is going to make one heck of a tomato! But what is going on behind the flower on the stem joint?

I'm pretty sure this was made by a bug, but which one? The yellow spotting to the right is common on the plants.

More yellow spotting on Strawberry Margarita

Cane River Paste has larger yellow spots than the others.

Green Zebra Cherry with strange white spots. They go through the leaf.

I read that dark veins can indicate a problem. Is this what they're talking about? Big Black Heart

And finally, there seems to be debris on the stems of Wessel's Purple Pride. Is it insect damage or just from the wind and rain?

I know most tomato problems don't interfere with the overall productiveness of the plant but I'd like to know what I'm seeing so I can tell the difference between harmless stuff and real problems.

Comments (14)