SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stanofh

Chabot college,Hayward ca palms-warning,many pics!

There they are-find your favorite.Silk oak tree and a gnarly Myoporum tree also included.

Full size

Comments (7)

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    13 years ago

Very nice photos! I think you have made a new discovery! California Washingtonia Cellophonia! LOL!

Not a bad disguise for a cell tower where palms grow. I almost missed it. Had to do a double take to catch it.

• statenislandpalm7a
    13 years ago

Is the first a majesty or a kenita
    Thats a cool aurocaria in the second pic
    and whats the cool palm with the thick trunk in the fourth pic
    Whats the tree in the last pic

• tropicalzone7
    13 years ago

Great pics! I almost missed the cell phone tower too! At first I was thinking what kind of palm is that! The worst is when they disguise cellphone towers in cold places as huge palm trees, lol.
    1st pic looks like a kentia to me and the 4th pic looks like a majesty palm.

• stanofh 10a Hayward,Ca S.F. bay area
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The first is a very young Howea and no.4 is a Chilean Wine palm about 20 years old.

• NoVaPlantGuy_Z7b_8a
    13 years ago

The stout one in the center of the 4th photo definitely looks like a Jubaea chilensis (Chilean Wine Palm) to me as well.

Original Author
    13 years ago

In that first pic-to the left I was told that might be a young Pritchardia..a first to see for me. And it was one of the nicest green palms around this time of year.

Original Author
    13 years ago

I somehow left out photos of a newer palm garden on campus with Parajubeas cocoides,and many Sabals and maybe a few Ceroxylon that do well in our everyday-all-year-is -between-60-80f-climate,more or less. That palm garden is a quite a few cuts up in out of ordinary palms. Right,now many are very young..what they turn into in years from now will be amazing!