SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosesr4me_gw

Need advice on using mower on neighbors weedy yard

rosesr4me
13 years ago

Because of illness, I recently mowed my neighbors yard - a yard thick with weeds. I was happy to mow it for her, but I would rather not use my mower again (hers was broken). I spent 30 minutes cleaning the mower of "weed goo" - slimy thick globs of weeds that I actually had to scrap out. And my neighbor on the other side has used my mower in the past - when his lawn was sod. Now it is solid weeds. (yes, I am continually battling weeds on each side of my yard!).

Question....how does one politely decline a neighbor's request to use your mower on their weedy lawn? I have spent several years getting my organic lawn in the condition it is (relatively weed free), and I don't want to potentially "contaminate" my yard with weed seeds. Any creative ways of getting out of this situation without offending (or lying)? I am very fortunate to have the neighbors I have. I just wish I could find a way to avoid using my mower - I would gladly mow any neighbors yard as long as I used their mower!

Or am I just being paranoid? (If I must say, my lawn is the best on the street - all because of organics!)

Comments (6)

Sponsored