SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michael_in_chicago

Where would a gardener live if working in NY?

michael_in_chicago
17 years ago

I've read with interest Pequafrog's request about living in the area and your responses, so I'm wondering if you could help me out a bit.

I might be transferring from the Chicagoland area to New York (Manhatten). I currently live just outside the city (in Evanston), where I have a nice house, land to garden on, a tree-lined street where I have access to a pedestrian-oriented city (I can walk to the store, the train, the gym, etc.). I'd want something like this if I'm to work in NY.

I don't know the area at all outside the city. Where would I live where I'd have access to a train to take me into the city, but be far enough away to have a house and a garden? I can't estimate what my salary would be, but I really can't imagine giving up gardening! The shorter the commute, the better.

The key here is that I'll work in the financial district. Our house is probably worth around $375-475, and a similar or slightly higher priced one is ideal. Now, where should I go? It would be a bonus if you knew how wonderful Evanston is.

Thanks!

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH