SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minal_gw

Re: whole soybean / soybean meal..update on going organic

shabbu
12 years ago

I have been reading previous posts about what kind of organic fertilizers to use. My options are:

1) To use feed store products. I did find a local feed store. On the website they mention they sell whole soybean, I am assuming thats different from soy bean meal. Has anyone used whole soybean?

The feedstore also sells organic "natures best" alfa alfa pellets in 50# quantities, cracked corn (50#), kelp, oats and organic rabbit pellets. They have not mentioned prices online because of changing prices. So will visit the store over the weekend to find out prices.

2)I also looked at the Scotts organic lawn fertilizer at home depot..not sure about that yet and checked out the broadcast rotary spreader..which I will need to buy.

3)I am also having a soil test done over the weekend, so will know the pH and NPK values. Not sure if they will give me the organic matter content info

4)I still do not know what kind of grass I have and not sure how to find out. I will check the original papers of the house if I can find some info about what kind of grass was planted.

Please let me know if I have overlooked anything else.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!