SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leaper_gw

Wild Oklahoma Toads

leaper
19 years ago

We are over run by toads. Toads totally focused on having a party all night. I was so happy to see two of them today. There are even eggs...I was so happy to think I could watch baby toads develop. But I am being over run with wild party toads..Our pond is on the toad love hotline.The exact pond location has been posted in every toad singles chat room on line. I'm certain my pond has been identified as THE place to be on every leaf in the neighborhood!

Being a novice in the ways of toad behavior, I have to share our first toad experience tonight. My husband and I were watching a scary movie and we hear screaming in the night. No, not part of movie..was it one of our pets in distress? No..was it something wrong with the computers? No..so we check out the pond..Where there were two innocent toads this morning..I count 6 plus one in the skimmer..those are the one's I can see..so out we go to rescue the skimmer toad and eggcrate the skimmer inlet..and there they are, not in the least disturbed by the bright shop light that's keeping me from landing in the pond. It sounds like a mass murder out there. My neighbors are going the hate me. I will be outcast with just horny toads for friends. I will be relegated to babysitting for small amphibian babies. My prepond life is over. I don't look good in web feet..

Leaper (my choice of name seems so appropriate now)

Comments (18)