SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
highalttransplant

Trying to go organic, BUT ...........

highalttransplant
17 years ago

Okay, so I don't really have a question, I just need to vent!

We bought our new home last spring and had new KBG sod put down in late summer. I planned right from the beginning to treat the lawn using organic gardening methods ... mow high and often, water deep and infrequent, use grains for fertilizer, and mulch mow. I thought my DH was on board. This morning, as part of my Mother's Day, he said he was going to cut the grass. So he lowered the lawn mower setting and bagged the clippings. Then we had a bit of a "discussion", where he insisted that leaving the clippings on the lawn and mowing too high were going to rot the grass. As if anything would rot in this high desert climate! He said he had been cutting grass his whole life and knew how to do it! Well, he was raised in the humid south and cutting the grass that short here, where the humidity is nonexistant, will just make us have to water the grass even more.

I am sooooooo irritated, and he won't even discuss the matter any more. I'm just hoping he loses interest in yard work when it gets around 100 degrees, and I can go back to doing my thing.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Bonnie

Comments (3)

Sponsored