SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okienurse

New to forum...just saying hi!

okienurse
12 years ago

Hi everyone..I have been reading the forum for the last few days and wanted to jump in and say hi. I live in Prague (earthquake capital of OK) and work full time as a registered nurse. I love to garden, even though I confess to not being very knowledgeable about it. My experience has been dig up the dirt, put in the plants, weed and water and pick whatever grows to eat. Last year I planted a large backyard garden but we moved for the summer and someone else reaped the harvest. We moved back to town in December and I haven't had a chance to get the backyard in shape, plus we have two chocolate labs running the yard, so I don't have the energy this year to get a large garden built and fenced off from the dogs. However, I can't *not* grow anything. So last weekend I got two of the flower beds in the front and side of the house cleaned out and yesterday evening, my husband and I planted two azaleas and two dianthus in the front bed and on the north side of the house we planted bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, early girl tomatoes, homestead heirloom tomatoes and yellow straight neck squash. It's only a tiny little garden spot, but it satisfied my craving for now.

I'm already thinking of ways to get some pole beans planted somewhere...

After reading the forum today my list includes getting my hummingbird feeders out, getting some stuff to kill pill bugs since I've seen others not liking them and covering my squash if needed..LOL.

I've never been one to worry about the bugs or spray or dust any of the things I grow, but I'll be paying close attention to what everyone here is doing and playing a copycat...

Nice to meet you all!

Sonya

Comments (4)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH