SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tim_in_ny

Off to my first organic season!

tim_in_ny
16 years ago

Woohoo!

Im totally excited to be practicing organic lawncare this year.

Last year my home was built, and I seeded with a decent KBG cultiver blend (Not Mag 3, but still nice). Last year i did nothing but water and hit it with two doses of starter fertilizer. its came in nice, and i re-seeded in the fall. Prior to winter, i laid down the scotts winterizer fertilizer.

During the snow season, i read quite a bit about the benefits of organic practices, and I'm hooked! This weekend i laid down Corn Gluten Meal (CGM) at around 10lbs per 1000 sqft. I hope this does as its been rumored to do and act as a pre-m for the crabgrass, However, I'm a firm believer that the proper practices of infrequent watering, and cutting the grass high will help eliminate most if not all of my weeds. Im sure this year, I'll be doing some hand pulling and spot spraying when necessary, but its a work in progress.

my question is:

If i follow the "National Holiday" schedule, alternating between Alfalfa Pellets and Soybean Meal (SBM) will i provide my lawn/soil with the nutrients it needs, or do I need to add more (Perhaps coffee grinds?)

Secondly, how quickly can i follow up my CGM with its next application?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012