SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harvesttime_gw

Peace in the garden, what about the net?

HarvestTime
10 years ago

I've been a part of many gardening forums about the web for well over a decade now. While I havent posted much here, one thing is about as obvious as Oklahoma is as I see here in this subforum, the people are great. Why is it when I browse other major garden forums on the net (I won't mention names) and clearly some OTHER forums here at gardenweb, everyone is arguing? I consider myself pretty well learned when it comes to gardening, however I am always learning and it appears those that know it all, know very little, as it is by ones mistakes and other's mistakes (and wisdom) that one learns most (IMO)....but In these "other" forums there is just constant bickering, "I grow maters in 36 inch cages so I give them 3ft by 3ft areas to grow", (rebuttal!?:) "well a 36 inch diameter area is not 3ft square! You need to use pi to convert! You dont know what you are talking about!"....???? (lol) I see the same thing almost everywhere. From what ive seen here, and for the reason I lurked so long here before posting, it is different here.

As I said the people in Oklahoma are wonderful. Is that it here as well? Is that why this little part of the net is so peaceful and friendly? I get SO tired of reading on others experiences just to see mindless trashing of others methods, beliefs and logic.

/rant off (lol), Your opinions please?

Michael

This post was edited by HarvestTime on Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 12:54

Comments (28)