SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

Change in Weather Pattern To Bring Cool, Wet Weather

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
13 years ago

At last! A nice change in the weather pattern is supposed to give us a whole week of blessedly cooler, wetter, more spring-like weather.

While enough rain to break the drought may not fall, any rain we get certainly will be a blessing. With somewhat lower wind speed and much, much higher RH values forecast, we should get a beak from the wildfires for a few days as long as people in areas with burn bans continue to obey the burn bans.

I'm just loving the cooler temperatures. It will be nice to have highs in the 70s and low 80s instead of the 80s through mid-90s at our house, and some areas in SW OK have hit 100 or 101 recently, so they sure need the break too.

I've linked the Enhanced Webpage of the the Norman office of the NWS below. They have a lot of great rain-related graphics posted.

One tiny request from this mother of a Texas firefighter. Please pray for the firefighters and residents in Texas who continue to battle wildfires that have burnt over 1.5 million acres in the last 8 or 9 days and have destroyed hundreds of homes and killed one firefighter while injuring other firefighters. As much as we need rain, I'd send every bit of "my" rainfall to the Possum Kingdom Lake area west of Fort Worth if I could. They are not expecting the same weather relief we are getting or as much of it, and are very concerned they'll have 'dry thunderstorms' in which lightning strikes start more fires.

Enjoy this cooler weather while it lasts because you never know how long rainy weather will last around here. Be alert to the development of severe T-storms which always seem to accompany rainfall in the spring.

It appears we don't have to worry about the traditional Easter Freeze, but it sure does look like the Easter Bunny may get wet.

Dawn

Here is a link that might be useful: Weather Webpage

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting