SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
runktrun

The Massachusetts Horticultural Society

15 years ago

With the Massachusetts Horticultural Society unable to pay its creditors as first reported on "Garden Rant" (dont miss the well written comment from our forum friend Mayalena) and the future of the society described in the " Boston Globe" as at best being on shaky ground I canÂt help but wonder how did this happen to such an historic and valuable New England institution? The annual New England Spring Flower Show is as much of a tradition for some folks as the Nutcracker ballet; can we really picture the arrival of spring without it? While there seem to be many fingers pointing to mismanagement by the trustees I doubt any of the hard working volunteers or appreciative public will ever know the cause but more importantly can it be saved? I will go out on a limb here and ask should it be saved in its present form? Do you think there is any merit to accusations of elitism? Are there any other horticultural organizations capable of stepping in and along with the volunteers keep some of the existing programs and gardens running? Without any additional information would you offer Mass Hort a financial donation today? Are you a volunteer? What do you think? Kt

Comments (14)