SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

OT: Lest We Forget....15 Years Since 4-15-95

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
14 years ago

I know this isn't gardening-related in any shape, form or fashion, but let us all pause for a moment and remember the bombing of the federal building that occurred in OKC 15 years ago today. I lived in Texas then, but I remember that after the shock of the explosion, I marveled for days at the strength, resilience and inherent decency and goodness of the folks in Oklahoma who did everything in their power from Day 1 to help and support the rescue workers, the survivors and the families of the deceased.

To this day, I think of that event both as Oklahoma's worst day ever, and yet also her finest moment. There's never been any doubt in my mind that the response of the folks in Oklahoma to this disaster paved the way for NYC and showed them how to respond to a disaster when they were hit by the 9-11 attack several years later.

And, if any of you have not yet visited the Memorial and the Museum in OKC, it is a location I think everyone must visit. We've been several times and I always feel like I'm walking on sacred ground there.

If you want, feel free to share your memories of that day here. I cannot imagine what it must have been like for those of you who lived in the OKC area then.

Dawn

Comments (9)