SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
p_mac

Hardening off for the Working Gardener

p_mac
12 years ago

After several days of increasing exposure to the elements, this morning I placed my baby brocs & cauliflower out in the sheltered "red-neck greenhouse" on the protected front deck. I told them - "That's it! Time for you to adjust and earn your keep! You're NOT coming back inside!" The next few days are warm and I plan to have them in the dirt before the weekend.

It occured to me that many of us still work outside the garden...er, home. I'm sure there are many like me who wonder how to juggle it all. I remember once a few years ago Dawn and several other giving their advice on how to harden off plants while still keeping a work schedule. I can't find the old thread. =(

Would some of you more experienced gardeners share your tips? I hope I'm not the only one struggling with this..and if I am...tell me to hush and you'll send me a PM. Please.

Just to tease also - WM on the east side of Norman had some healthy looking cabbage (several kinds), along with packman broc and cauliflower plants yesterday for any of my Norman neighbors. They also had a potted Early Girl tom with fruit that was $9.98. I passed it up but I'm sure I left a puddle of drool.

Paula

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting