SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olympiceagle

What's the best way to kill off Blue Star Creeper?

olympiceagle
15 years ago

Am seeking advice on the best way to kill off a patch (about 500 sq. ft.) of combination blue star creeper and Irish moss.

When we moved into our new home some 12 years ago, we put in a few sections of grass close to the house, but wanted something different directly in front of the house. Don't ask me why (we hadn't discovered this forum yet), but we decided on mixing blue star creeper and moss. So here we are, 12 years later, and we're giving up on that section. It doesn't look good, the moss has been totally swallowed up by the bsc, and if it weren't for the driveway and a walkway, I'm sure the bsc would be all over our place. So we've decided to convert that section to, yes, grass.

With apologies to the anti-chemical folks, I've used Roundup on the section but notice that the bsc isn't giving up quite so easily. I've seen the crazy root system of the bsc and want to make sure they are zapped forever before putting down any grass seed.

Any suggestions and recommendations, in terms of both products and/or procedures? TIA

Comments (20)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio