SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esther_b

Proposed hosta transplant plan---looks OK??

esther_b
10 years ago

No more tears. Time for action. They're gonna remove the dead plum tree and I have to transplant my hostas and heuchies out of that garden before they toss them into the garbage. I have just spent time out in the driving rain tonight measuring and recording (Only a crazy hosta person would do this, right? Proves I've arrived?), then devising a modification to my main garden which would allow me to transplant the hostas there. A local nursery I've patronized extensively in the past few years has generously agreed to move some of the attractive molded concrete edging blocks from their Long Island store to the store near me, which ran out of them. I will use these blocks, which closely resemble the polyresin fencing, to fill in the back as I move the line of polyresin fencing forward 18", the length of the concrete blocks.

See my diagram:

Shoving the whole polyresin line of fencing forward and outward at the left will hopefully give me sufficient space to transplant the listed hostas, my smaller ones. I will rehome the Blue Cadets and Undulata mediopicta as locally as possible.

Does this look like it will accomplish the necessary? I plan to transplant the heuchies to the left side, where it curves outward. I am somewhat concerned that the very tiniest of the hostas will not even be visible over the polyresin fencing, which is about 5" high. Should the very tiniest be put into a pot to keep them from being overrun and to showcase them?

THANK YOU for any useful inputs!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor