SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mctavish6

Seating 1- (just for Connie)

mctavish6
15 years ago

Back in the begining of the summer Connie mentioned that "each area (of my garden) needs a place to sit". This struck me funny because in the week before my hubby and I had been joking that we had so many places to sit and always seemed to be creating more. We agreed that we could have a ten course dinner and eat each course in a different place. I meant to do pictures at the time but my computer was down for a while, I couldn't get on Photobucket until Phil coached me - the summer happened. Anyway here the pictures are, finally. I'm going to show the seating area and also what you see when you are sitting there. I have to say they were also inspired by Wayne in Ontario who took us on such a great - step by step - tour of his backyard this year. I love stuff like that. Since most of us can't visit each other, it's nice to begin to relate the different areas. Anyway, here's part one;

After you drive down the dirt road you come to a dead end at the enterance to our driveway. Here is Brody saying Hi.

A little closer and there is a chair to sit on for a rest after working on the wall or doing a bit of weed-eating. Elsa will keep you company.

Now here's Bo saying "Why isn't there a cat on that sign?"

Look across the road and up in the field and you might see just about anything - lamas - horses - bears...

Looking to the right along the edge of the drive way. This strip has daylilies with hostas added last year. Near the end you can see where we are headed next.

Next is the spot we call The Throne. This bench was moved last year when we were painting the house and we liked it here much better. The planting boxes that were begun will hopefully be added to next year. This is my one spot sunny enough up by the house that I should be able to grow vegetables and cutting flowers. The dahlias have done well and are particurarly appreciated at this time of the year.

Looking to the right

Looking straight across;

Looking to the left. There are not any real accurate pictures taken looking this way since the garage seems to attract JUNK! I'm hoping that when the connection between this 'throne' and the garbage/recycle box at the end are made, this will stop being a problem.

It is really nice to get a different view of the garden especially in the fall when you want to catch some sun.

Before heading across the drive to the lawn which is a major sitting spot, we'll go down to a small porch at the front of the garage. It's on the right hidden behind the completely wild garden of grasses trying to take over the world.

When you sit on this porch, you can look back at the lawn and house.

From the lawn looking back at the corner (hidden behind the self planted tree tangled in with a rose bush), you might notice that we're not done with the siding on the garage. No rush, it's only been 15 years.

{{gwi:1096683}}

The Lawn. This is a favourite place to sit. I can view many hostas up close.

Sometimes the chairs face the driveway. You can see a corner of the balcony (another seating area) in the back.

On the left when you sit are many potted plants that I am "watching" for the first year or two.

Looking toward the arbour.

Along the outside of the wall;

Across the driveway to the Throne.

To the right at the edge of the lawn. Frances Williams and Eye Declare;

A little more to the right;

When I mow the lawn, which takes about 5 minutes with a push mower, I switch the chairs to a different position and different view;

Left to right;

Heading under the arbour now;

Looking back at the lawn;

There are 2 more parts to this. I'm going to post this anyway since I just lost the 2nd part almost done...gurrr....

Comments (10)