SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lschibley

shrub border

lschibley
15 years ago

Hi all,

Yet another garden to think about. I'd like to define the south side of my lawn with a shrub border and tree border. Here is the space.

The tree at the midpoint is a Chionanthus virginicus (Fringe tree). The area is 16 feet deep (basically the width of the porch) and 46 feet long. I have very sandy, slightly acidic soil. The area gets dappled shade to 11am then full sun (dogwood shade at 3pm, winterberry at 4pm). From the house out, I am thinking Variagated Pagoda dogwood, Ilex verticillata 'Winter Red' Winterberry, the appropriate male tucked in behind the Fringe tree, undecided next (maybe a viburnum), a large leaved Rhododendron, then last a Crataegus viridis 'Winter King Hawthorn' just to the right of the fern clump.

In front of the large shrubs will be smaller ones. Some ideas are a small dark conifer in front and to the left of the dogwood, some small purple leaved azaleas in front of the Rhododendron. I'd love to have try a daphne, a mountain laurel, and maybe peonies or small roses for some color, though I'm not certain yet.

Anyway, since I am on a posting kick, and this is my current project to plan (grass will be removed in a couple of weeks) I figured I might as well post and get some ideas.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions!

Lisa

Comments (34)

• msyoohoo
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

It sounds like you have it all worked out Lisa!

• ego45
    15 years ago

Sounds like a plan, but you forgot to mention where will go Heptacodium miconoides....and ouch, where will you plant 2 or 3 oakleaf and paniculata hydrangeas? :-)))

Area is naturaly born for all those plants. Truly.

• Related Discussions

Adding narrow evergreens to shrub border

Q

Comments (2)
    Thanks for the suggestions, Flora. I love the dark yew, as well as the japanese maple to the left of it. I am afraid that the vacant lot will be developed and these trees will be chopped down. The tree stumps are right on the property line, the aucubas just inside my garden. So I'm looking for tall shrubs. The exochorda may be too small, but the camellias are a great idea. I've always thought that it was too cold here for camellias, but I am seeing lots of varieties that should do well. I wonder if they will tolerate dryness?
    ...See More

Shrub border.

Q

Comments (0)
    Hi any suggestions for a shrub next to a fence between two houses ? Faces north and not only has shade from the houses but a tree overhead.lol would like to have something that flowers ,does not try to eat the house and can handle being dry . Was thinking plumbego or a Jasmine of some type?? Have a Cape honeysuckle there now which is a mess. has a terrible growth habit Thanks gary
    ...See More

How you use callicarpa Early Amethyst in shrub border

Q

Comments (8)
    Thanks, gardengal. You got it. It was a gift from a ¨sister gardener¨ and I´d love to make it work. I do have a mixed shrub border. It is not estate sized but large enough that now it comfortably holds H.Quickfire, ?perhaps Blue Billow, Twist and Shout, Itea, perennial planting of tiarella; perennial area of June, H. Allgold , ginger and ferns (achoring a river birch which is dying and is coming out in November); fothergilla gardenii; small leaved rhodie or two. Almost in that order. Another bed, about 8´ deep and 15'long has H. T&S, the newly transplanted callicarpa, and no id .pink flowering hdrangea. Around the curve is chamy. Gold Spray a Fat Albert. Iḿ interested in your ideas about placement with other shrubs. In order to appreciate effect of its long, flowing stalks against the layered leaves it seems to me it should be pulled forward of the neighboring plants, even if it hides some of their flowers. In principle, hydrangea might meet this need because their flowers wont be commanding the show any longer but might have, along with some varieities´ leaves some color. , What do you think? Marie
    ...See More

Missing post about shrub border

Q

Comments (5)
    It's possible the crowdsource mods considered it miscategorized. Since it is really about shrub selection and not landscape design, the Shrub forum or New England forum may have been considered a better fit. Since Houzz started autosuggesting alternative forums, the crowdsource mods have been very tough on plant problem posts and plant selection posts.
    ...See More
  • lschibley
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hehe ego. The pale yellow green blob in front of the tall dark green conifer at the corner of the house is a oakleaf hydrangea. Maybe the undecided next to the fringe tree will be a hydrangea too. Hmmm that would bring in some repetition. I definitely suffer from one-of-everything syndrome. But there is so much to love!

Lisa

• runktrun
    15 years ago

Lisa,
    Nice plan I am sure it will look lovely. I am wondering though would this be a good bed to add a few zone - pushers?? kt

• lschibley
    Original Author
    15 years ago

This area is open to the north with nothing blocking the winds coming down the street. Is that a killer for trying to push a zone?

Lisa

• WendyB 5A/MA
    15 years ago

sounds great. enough evergreens for the winter?

• terrene
    15 years ago

I agree it sounds like you have the shrub border worked out pretty well, and after seeing the way your mailbox garden came out, I'm sure this one will be beautiful too!

I live across the street from agricultural fields on the west side, so my front gardens and the front of the house get blasted with prevailing winds from the Northwest and southwest. So even though I may technically live in a zone 6a or even 6b now, after losing a few marginally hardy plants, I would not plant anything that wasn't zone 5 hardy in the front. So, the upshot is, I wouldn't zone push in a very windy location.

My front gardens are mixed borders of shrubs/perennials/annuals, and there is not much repetition with the shrubs - however I get a sense of rhythm and repetition with the herbaceous plants. I can imagine repeating some perennials in front, or even a few mixed in, will give some color and flow to your shrub border.

It looks like this shrub border is on the other side of the front yard from your new driveway/mailbox garden? If so, you could pick up some repetition from that garden.

• claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
    15 years ago

I agree with terrene about the winter winds and zone pushing. Given the general lack of significant snow cover in winter in Plymouth, you'd be setting the poor plants up for slaughter. I speak from experience, having killed or injured some very nice shrubs in the path of severe northwest winter winds.

I've been experimenting though with using Miscanthus as winter wind breaks. They die down to the roots anyway, but their brown leaves and seadheads form a sort of buffer.

Have you considered some Hamamelis for early spring bloom? diggingthedirt has great experience with witchhazels in our climate.

Claire

• diggingthedirt
    15 years ago

Great suggestion, Claire; I was going to suggest hamamelis, too. Nothing is better than an Arnold Promise in full bloom - in late February. Being in front of the house, it would stop passers-by in their tracks, I'll bet.

They are rock-solid hardy as well. They're not too much to look at after bloom, but do have clean foliage (somewhat coarse, I guess), and also make a nice home for a later-blooming clematis; I haven't tried that yet but it's on my list for the next clematis that follows me home.

The red H. 'Diane' is also lovely, and would echo the ilex berries, if there are any left in February. Diane may be somewhat smaller than Arnold, too, if space is an issue.

• lschibley
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have an Arnold Promise on the other side of the mailbox garden near the street. In fact I posted a while ago about spring bulbs to underplant it with. You nice ladies and gentlemen directed me to a great website and 125 bulbs later I was out of a good chunk of cash.

I'll definitely be incorporating some dwarf evergreens into the mix. I think I'll lean away from the peonies and roses and towards cute small conifers as the finishing touches. I was looking at some of the conifers that I didn't choose for the mailbox garden and started to have much stronger acquisition pangs than I get when I look at pictures of roses and peonies. Some people are just wired that way I guess. I figure I can fit three dwarf conifers in this bed without too much trouble. Time to go see what Katsura has.

Lisa

• mayalena
    15 years ago

Hello!
    Wonder if it is possible to tuck in one of your conifers or rhodies "behind" the ilex verticillata -- not exactly behind -- but so that it sets off the red berries from whatever direction you are most likely to be viewing the plant -- perhaps from house windows? Also, I think red-twig dogwood would look pretty with the red berries of the ilex v.? What a fun project!
    Looking forward to seeing how it evolves,
    ML

• diggingthedirt
    15 years ago

> Some people are just wired that way I guess. I figure I can fit three dwarf conifers in this bed without too much trouble. Time to go see what Katsura has.

Ahhh, Katsura Nursery. I've only been once, but it changes my wiring too, all those gorgeous shrubs and trees. He's got the BEST Heptacodium I've ever seen and is justly proud of it.

We should really plan a GW-NE get-together adventure there sometime.

• User
    15 years ago

Did you say AZALEAS in the shrub border?

What kind would be hardy enough for MA? Would they stay green even in the winter? How would you use your azaleas?

• diggerdee zone 6 CT
    15 years ago

"...I definitely suffer from one-of-everything syndrome. But there is so much to love!..."

Heh, heh. Let me welcome you to the club, since I think I am the official president of it, lol.

I'm following this thread closely as I have a similar area in which I'm thinking of doing the same thing. I also have a more sunny area where I want a shrub border.

Oh, and I'm afraid of shrubs, lol. Hence, the following closely of this thread!

:)
    Dee

• lschibley
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I don't have immediate experience with azaelas, but a quick search showed plently of azaleas hardy to zone 6 and even some evergreen. Does anyone have experience with the Girard azalea line? They sound very cool.

http://www.paghat.com/girardcrimson.html

I'd put one or two small azalea's in front of the large leafed rhododendron. I've seen grouping like that in my neighborhood that I have liked.

Dee - I'll send you my lifetime membership. I know as we mature as gardeners, we are supposed to see the wisdom and aesthetic appeal of drifts and harmonious plantings, but I'm sure not heading in that direction.

ML - I'm have some red twig dogwood planned for down by the street on the other side of the ferns. I think they'll make a great exclamation point!

Lisa

Lisa

• ego45
    15 years ago

Re: Girard's azaleas.
    They are (as a group) probably the best evergreen azaleas for New England and provide wide range of heights/widths and colors to chose from.
    However, ALL Girard's cultivars are very prone to 'azalea gall'-fungal disease which could make your plants very unsightly, though it wouldn't kill them.
    It spreads very fast from plant to plant and just one freshly bought infected azalea could cause outbreak if left unchecked.
    That said, carefull inspection of any newly bought Girard's azalea AND preventive spray by the fungicide in a first spring after it was planted will keep your other azaleas healthy.

• lschibley
    Original Author
    15 years ago

They're coming today today today!!! I'm doing a happy dance. They are coming today to remove the lawn and put down soil and mulch. I'm sooooo excited. I'm traveling for a week next Wednesday, but when I get back it is time to PLANT!!!

Lisa

• lschibley
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just posted this to the conifer forum. I am starting researching the conifers I need for this bed, so I posted there to see if anyone had any suggestions. Thought I'd post there so I could show the current plan.

-------from my conifer post--------
    I am putting together a woodland transition border. I finally got my ideas down on paper and thought I'd throw them out there to see if anyone had any comments or criticisms. Here is the plan. Sorry it's a little sloppy, but I was so excited to get it done.

{{gwi:42055}}

Some comments.

The lawn is to the left (north).

The border is full sun at the street and is in shade for all but 3 mid-day hours at the house.

The bed is about 75 feet long and 20 feet at the end. The diameters for the Fringe Tree is 10 feet. Diameters for the smaller shrubs like the azaelas (AZ) are 4 feet.

RTD = red twig dogwood.

I think I'm happy with the plan. I just need some ideas on the conifers. I have room for two dwarf conifers and one fairly big tree. I'd love the tree to have yellow for a highlight color, especially in winter. I think that would look amazing with the red-twig dogwood. I'd love one dwarf to be upright and one to be globular, and probably both greenish rather than any strong color. The highlight of this border should be the variegated pagoda dogwood. I think too strong colors will take away from that.

Conifers in other garden areas are (i.e., looking for something different):
    Pinus parviflora 'Hagoromo'
    Juniperus horizontalis 'Mother Lode'
    Cryptomeria japonica 'Black Dragon'
    Microbiota decussata
    Abies Concolor 'Blue Select'
    Tsuga canadensis 'Cole's Prostrate'
    Tsuga canadensus 'Moon Frost'
    Picea pungens 'Globosa' (probable addition in another bed)
    Picea pungens 'Salem' (probable addition in another bed)
    Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Gracilis'
    Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Nana'
    Picea glauca 'Conica'

I have to tell you I am just giddy with the thought of being able to research and three more conifers to buy. If anyone has any ideas of something you think would look wonderful with this plan, please let me know!

Lisa

• ego45
    15 years ago

For the [relatively] large yellow evergreen I'd recommend Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Crippsii'. You might see 8-10' height in your research, but 15-18' x 6' width in about 15-20 years would be the right parameters to expect.
    Yellow will gain most intensity in a fall and especialy in a winter, though it is fairly yellow all year around if palnted in S or W exposure. Will need a judicial pruning in a young years in order to develop strong leader.

For the globular one, Thuja occidentalis 'Rheingold' ('Rheingold' arborvitae) could be easily kept as 3x3 or 4x4 or 4x3 or 3x4 shrub since it would need light annual (spring) shearing anyway.

BTW, does yours Juniperus horizontalis 'Mother Lode' stays yellow all year around and how good (fast) spreader it is?

• lschibley
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Crippsii' is gorgeous and a great suggestion. My Dad has one. (He's the one who got me into conifers.) I'll definitely put that one on the list.

Here are the junipers taken about two weeks ago. They are wonderfully yellow and have been since mid-spring. In winter they turn more bronze and aren't as striking. They are in full sun and were put in last fall, so I really can't comment on how good of a spreader they are. They have probably expanded more than an inch, but not tremendously fast.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Lisa...love your plans! I was noticing that you are bring the border right out to the front steps. That will create really nice privacy and view from the porch. Not understanding if you are keeping grass right up to the bottom of your front steps?

The circles near the porch/walkway that have question marks, I would think that would be a great place for some color in the form of long blooming perennials or annuals that you can view as you enter the front. Annuals will probably give you the longest bloom so perhaps a couple of grasses with one or two large containers placed on round pavers, filled with annuals for the season? If you choose a container that can remain outdoors all year, you could make seasonal plantings even for the winter. Since it is so close to the porch, you may want to consider fragrant contributions. Not sure what will grow in that amount of sun that would be fragrant though. Something to consider.

I have enjoyed seeing your plans and other threads of your finished projects. You are doing a good job! :-)

pm2

• lschibley
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Prairiemoon, thank you so much for posting. I love hearing ideas about a plan I am working on.
    Basically the landing from the steps is grass with square bluestone pavers in a path to the driveway. You can see them in the picture. I'd love to change this and make it more interesting, but one project at a time!
    I'll have to think about perennials and annuals. I know how good stuff looks when it is all mixed in together, but I still have an idea that I want to keep this a shrub border. For one thing my perennial beds already take most of my time. I'd like this to be very low maintenance. I might get the bones in and decide after all it's way too boring and take your advice, but for now I think I will keep thinking about the shrub side of things.
    My plan now is to try and fit a daphne, a mountain laurel, and a dwarf conifer in the ? ? ? section and do a Viburnum just south of the Rhododendron. I also decided I could fit another Rhododendron behind the first.
    For the large yellow conifer here are my choices from Katsura:
    Abies korean Aurea

Abies procera Aurea sherwoodi 

Pinus densiflora Burke's Red Variegated 

Abies pinsapo Aurea

Picea orientalis Skylands 

Pinus strobus Louie

Pinus sylvestrus Aurea

Pinus contorta Taylor's Sunburst

Pinus parviflora Ogon Janome

I need to do more research on them because I need to make sure I get good yellow in the winter. I'm planning on posting in the conifer forum, though I feel like I have been bugging the great people over there way too much.

Thanks so much for the kind words pm, and thanks for responding!
    Lisa

15 years ago

You have more than enough nice conifers to think about, and a very sensible plan, but I can't resist adding another broadleaf evergreen to the slate. Since you like unusual colored shrubs, you might consider Osmanthus Goshiki, but only if you can give it shelter from the winter winds.

I have three little Goshikis that have survived two winters tucked in behind a huge old O. heterophyllus. They were wrapped in burlap the first winter, but left uncovered last winter, with no damage. I would hesitate to put them in a windy spot though.

Claire

• Thyme2dig NH Zone 5
    15 years ago

Oh Boy! Do I have zone envy!! That Osmanthus is beautiful!

• lschibley
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Claire,

Is that the one whose new growth is pink? My dad just got one of those from Katsura last week and I was admiring it today. What a cool family. I'll definitely keep it in mind to tuck in a corner. Maybe on the south side of the fringe tree would be protection enough. Very cool and it looks awesome in your garden.

Lisa

• ego45
    15 years ago

In my (6b) experience Goshiki need to be protected not only from the winter winds, but from the winter sun as well.
    Great shrub by all counts except winter hardiness :-((

• WendyB 5A/MA
    15 years ago

Another possibility might be Ilex mesearve 'Honey Maid'. It is variegated holly and gets its best yellow color in the winter. I have one but I don't have a winter picture of it.

• prairiemoon2 z6b MA
    15 years ago

Wendy we are on the same wave length alot...lol. I was just going to suggest the same. 'Honey Maid' is one of my favorite Hollies. If I remember right it is strangely in the blue holly family and is therefore as easy to grow as they are. Gorgeous variegation!

pm2

15 years ago

Lisa: Yes, the new growth is pink. I've seen them at Katsura Gardens.

I read conflicting information on whether they bloom or not, I hope they do when they get a little bigger. My big old Osmanthus heterophyllus (non-variegated) does; small fragrant white blossoms in the fall. The big one survived years of neglect on the south side of the house back when everyone thought it was a holly.

It was moved to a sheltered area and I got the Goshikis to start an osmanthus grove.

They're planted in a moderately sunny area, but in the winter when the sun is low there's partial shade from tall trees so that probably helps with the winter sun issue George mentioned.

Claire

• runktrun
    15 years ago

I have had a ten plus year old Osmanthus goshiki growing in a south facing full sun location. Although I am a big proponent of Wiltpruf I donÂt waste my money protecting this Osmanthus. On occasion a few leaves on the newest top growth (previous fall) will show burn this lasts for a few weeks before those leaves are replaced at the next node. This 7-8 x 6-7 Osmanthus has out grown the scale of the garden it is in and I plan on having it moved this winter. The last few years I have been trying to control its size by shearing heavily and it responded well. Goshiki meaning five colorsÂI can only find four my self, flowers are so tiny and non-descript that I canÂt even remember what month it is in flower. Kt

• ego45
    15 years ago

Wow! I've never seen and never heard of as well about 'Goshiki of such magnitude.
    Could that be that yours is not a 'Goshiki', but an Osmanthus heterophyllus 'Variegatus' which indeed could be a 12-15' tree.
    Anyway, gorgeous speciman and protection from the N and W definitely helps :-))

• runktrun
    15 years ago

Hey George,
    No doubt it is 'Goshiki' as this was the main focal plant of this garden with surrounding gardens designed keeping the new (pink) growth in mind. I will post a close up of the leaf as well as look through my files of off season photos to highlight the pink new growth. My most damaging winds are from the south east. kt

• runktrun
    15 years ago

This picture taken three years ago in the fall is a good example of what I was trying to describe in terms of winter burn. Note the top new growth in pink on those few stems the young leaves will burn and turn brown for approx. two weeks at the end of winter before the new leaves replace the burnt ones.

'Goshiki', meaning five colors I have found white, yellow, green, and pink. I am not sure what the fifth color is supposed to be?

• arbo_retum
    15 years ago

lisa, a few suggestions. you might really benefit from a trip to ct. for Variegated Foliage nursery and Broken Arrow nursery. we have bought alot of unusual woody plant material from them (as well as from john, and tranquil lake nursery in rehoboth. )I am big into foliage colors so our arboretum gardens have alot of purple, blue, and yellow leaved plants. I do think that you will want to include ornamental grasses and sedums in your shrub border. Some of my fav shrubs that are not on your list:
    FAVORITE Z.5-HARDY DECIDUOUS SHRUBS- AND THEIR SPECIAL VALUE

VIBURNUM SARGENTII ONONDAGA lg. Shrub, wonderful maroon bracts and maroon tinged spring foliage
    VIB PLICATUM VAR. TOMENTOSUM SHASTA layered branches,lg wh. flat flower heads
    and SHOSHONE (like small Shasta)
    VIB. SUMMER SNOWFLAKE blooms all summer, flat white flower heads
    V.DILITATUM ERIE and IROQUOIS
    V. PINK DAWN v. early small pink blooms

CORNUS: all are large shrubs except the mini
    C. ALBA AUREO MARGINATA VARIEGATA- great bold med dk gn leaves w/ bold wide white edges
    CORNUS MIDWINTER FLAME stems coral to flame in winter; fall fol. Color warm yellow/suffused w/ coral
    CORNUS AUREA yellow summer foliage
    C. GOUTCHALTII med dk gn leaves w/ wide bold yellow edge
    CORNUS MINI VARIEG like alba aureo marg. var. but small- 2globe.

CLERODENDRUM TRICHOTOMUM VARIEG. lg. shrub,
    lg. heart shaped med gn. leaves w/ clean yellow edge, stay on late in fall.
    Dies to ground and sprouts anew every yr.

DAPHNE X BURKWOODII CAROL MACKIE small shrub, small dark gn lves w/ cream edge, sweet smelling spring pink bell flowers

DEUTZIA GRACILIS NIKKO small compact shrub
    covered w/dainty white spring bells

DEUTZIA AUREA- dainty yellow leaves keep their color
    ELEAGNUS UMBELLATA -lgshrub, silver foliage, can control size by pruning.

FORSYTHIA x INTERMEDIA AUREA- small fountain of small bright yellow foliage. keeps yellow through season
    F. KUMSON - med.gn.foliage w/ strong white veining

BERBERIS HELMONDS PILLAR - small ( to 4hx12"w) columnar , burgundy foliage
    B. RUBY GLOW - burgundy foliage med globe
    B. AUREA - medium, SLOW growing compact globe , brilliant yellow leaves

COTINUS COGGYGRIA GRACE lg. Shrub, smoky blue- green- plum foliage
    C.COG. ROYAL PURPLE med to lg shrub, burg. foliage, likes dry, exc. drainage
    C. COG. AUREA yellow leaved, slow growing.

PHILADELPHUS AUREA - med. size shrub, small yellow foliage until lime from mid july on.
    PHIL. DOUBLEFLOWER

PRUNUS X CISTENA - med to lg shrub,small maroon leaves

DISANTHUS CERCIDIFOLIUS -med to lg shrub .heart shaped leaves,
    wine red fall foliage

CARYOPTERIS _DARK KNIGHT - small loose fountain of deep blue racemes_

BUDDLEIA ELLENS BLUE -med to lg shrub, good saturated blue/lav.flower wands
    BUDDLEIA DARK KNIGHT - dk. ppl. wands

HYDRANGEA TOKYO DELIGHT flat pink flowers
    HYDRANGEA QUERCIFOLIA SNOWFLAKE flat dbl. blossom heads of
    wh. flow. w/ pale yell. centers
    HYDRANGEA KYUSHU - july/aug. blooming, loose conical white flower heads

SYRINGA DAPPLED DAWN - med. to lg size, green foliage splashed w/yellow
    SYRINGA SENSATION - (flowers of dk.ppl.rimmed w/white)

SINOCALYCANTHUS Hartledge Wine - new hybrid; 2-3" sweet smelling maroon dahlia-like flowers , long bloom time

CALLICARPA PROFUSION - med to lg shrub,fall wands of small med ppl. berries

CLEMATIS

CORYLOPSIS SPICATA v early spring light yellow bell flower racemes

VITEX AGNUS-CASTUS lg shrub, similar to buddleia in habit, blue blooms V.LATE(oct/nov); v.wonderful fragrant foliage. Dies to ground in winter and resprouts from base in spring.

WEIGELA FLORIDA VARIEGATA lg shrub, med gn leaves w/ wide bright yellow edge
    WEIGELA FLORIDA MIDNIGHT WINE mini, varieg.burgundy foliage

KERRIA VARIEGATA - small fountain of serrated green leaves w/ white edge

NEILLIA SINENSIS -a fountain of coral flower racemes in e.june,
    delicate serrated leaves

CHAENOMELIS -bright cup shaped salmon,orange or pink spring bloom

HAEMAMELIS late winter small raggedy blooms- yellow to orange/red

ILEX WINTER RED profuse red berries in fall/winter

PHYSOCARPUS OPULIFOLIUS DIABLO (dk.ppl.leaves) and
    AUREA (yellow foliage)
    AESCULUS PAVIA lg shrub w/handsome 5 part leaves and
    large bright salmon flower panicles

FAVORITE Z.5-HARDY EVERGREENS- (TO BE COMPLETED)

CHAEMY.OBTUSA NANA LUTEA
    CH. PISIFERA SNOW
    CH. OBT.