SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
okiedawn1

It's Raining, It's Pouring! Doing the Happy Dance!

Okiedawn OK Zone 7
16 years ago

Hooray, hooray, hooray! Actual rain is falling in southern Oklahoma. Real rain. Huge drops pounding down in great profusion. It is soaking into the ground, running off into the ponds and creeks, and leaving huge pools of water standing everywhere. (It is also sending cars hydroplaning off into the ditches and highway medians, which is unfortunate, but typical.)

OK y'all, go ahead and laugh at me. I KNOW that most of y'all have had all the rain you need and want this winter, but we haven't! Thus, I am really, really excited to see it.

Yesterday and last night, we kept watching as heavy bands of rain occurred both west of us and east of us, but nowhere near us, which was so frustrating. So, when the rain begin falling heavily here around 4 a.m., I was excited. (I wasn't reallly thrilled when the alert on the weather radio woke us up to notify us of a severe thunderstorm warning to our west, but I'm not complaining.)

Obviously, it is very close to planting time here in southern Oklahoma and the moisture is really, really needed here. Now that the ground is going to be saturated, planting time may even be delayed, but that's OK. I just checked the rain gauge outside, and we've already had three inches of rain today. Oh, my onions are going to love it! That three inches today doubles our rainfall for the year so far. And, that three inches equals or exceeds the amount of rain that fell here in Oct., Nov. and Dec. 07 combined.

Rain, rain, rain!! Doing the happy dance, and planning to work inside the house instead of doing gardening chores. I love spring!

Dawn

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting