SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elkwc

Winter Wonderland

elkwc
14 years ago

This morning was a post card moment. We don't see very many of them. After the rain quit last evening the snow started. We had around 5 inches this morning. No wind. The tree limbs were hangning down from the weight. Was on the top of posts and even wire. If ever there was a pretty snow this was it. It is melting now. Just hope it gets crusted before the wind hits. Will have to blade my drive again tonight. This snow was very wet. Was big flakes. Our snow was almost gone. My sister still had a few inches on the ground 22 miles SE of us. So this makes it deeper. And with the thawing and freezing it is hard to get around when it is froze. I'm sure Jan is in the same boat. Will be some very needed moisture.

They say there will be more moving through every 2-4 days for 2-3 weeks at least. Hope most of it is rain. Makes getting around easier. They are lowering the predicted temps also. To about where I felt they should be. Don't think we will see many if any 50 degree days during that time. Not convinced another brutal cold spell is close yet. One good thing is that the drop in temps should slow the trees down from blooming. Really temp wise it is a more typical winter. If there is anything typical about our weather. And maybe it will gradually warm up and we'll have some spring. Instead of the late winter in April and early May. Hope everyone is doing well with the weather conditions. Jay

Comments (6)