SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

freeze or can? best taste

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
13 years ago

What process gives you the best taste for things you preserve?

Also, I like the flavor of Jubilee, Cherokee Purple, Celebrity, and Early Girl tomatoes, and any number of smaller ones. To what extent do your favorites that are fresh remain your favorites after canning or freezing?

I could start to do either, but need a plan. My husband does not want to garden (unless I can air condition the garden), but he will can oro freeze if he knows what to do.

If we were to spend $400. on a freezer, it might take years to get our money back, but I am willing to pay if I can retain the summer taste in my tomatoes.

I know that you cannot answer every question, but any answers would be appreciated. I need to consider getting some different tomato plants if the ones I like will not retain the flavor I like. I probably won't have more than a total of 20.

I never thought of processing things like green beans, but they could be easy to freeze, and we use them daily. The dogs get a can everyday, and it is at the top of the list of our favorite foods. As I think about other crops that I could purchase from markets or whole food stores, I think that the purchase of a freezer would be more reasonable.

Sammy

Comments (8)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm