SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_970892

Billerica/Boston Area Spring Swap info DETAILS

littleonefb
16 years ago

Wanted to start the thread with more details and info for the swap on the exchange side now.

We can use this post now, to make further plans, list seedlings and plants being brought, set up exchanges in advance and all the other good stuff.

I will e-mail directions directly to everyone coming a few days before the swap.

So here we go.

DATE: June 2, 2007

RAIN DATE: June 3, 2007

TIME: 10AM until everyone wants to leave. Feel free to stay as long as you like.

I will have lots and lots of Wintersown seedlings for anyone to have for the taking. Also will have some white lily of the valley I can dig out and some bright purple iris and all the fresh forsythia branches for rooting that you want. They are easy to root in just water.

Not sure about the seedlings yet though.

As for other things needed for the swap:

Don't forget to bring something to bring home all your seedlings, etc. in.

I have plenty of space for us to spread out with our seedlings, some folding chairs, but not alot of them, so if you want to sit a lot, it might be good to bring a folding chair.

I have folding tables and covers for them to use to put things like coffee, goodies etc. and some coolers we can use to keep ice in and anything that might need to be kept cold.

Which brings me to the volunteer list of things to bring.

We will be in need of the following things for the swap.

Coffee and the fixings for it.

Plates and napkins

Snack type things to munch on, ie munchkins, cookies etc. Don't feel that you have to bake anything, store bought is fine unless you want to be adventerous.

Ice and something cold to drink. how much ice will depend on the infamous New England weather and how warm it will be.

Sharpies and name tags

If anyone has any other suggestions of things to bring or to add to the swap, don't be afraid to chime in. If I missed any info that should be here, just add it on, as I'm sure I must have missed something.

Be sure to post on this thread now instead of the original one.

If you want to list the plants, seedlings, etc that you will be bringing or looking for, please list them. I will be adding to my list of seedlings as soon as I know what will be ready for the swap.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the swap.

Oh yes. I have a long driveway that you can use to drive in and unload the plants and stuff, then pull out and park on the street. Plenty of room, dead end street and the only ones coming down the road to the end of it will be those coming to the swap.

Fran

Comment (1)