SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hostanista

Further to irawon's "Calling All Frogs" (rabbits?)

hostanista
9 years ago

I'm going to guess a lot of people have rabbit issues in their gardens. I only see the occasional nibble on a hosta leaf which is odd because I live in a rural area - you would think we would be overrun with them. And I never see them either. Went into town yesterday, busy suburban neighbourhood, and right there on the lawn next door, a huge Bugs Bunny.

Anyway, this is my rabbit chair. No reason. Just a chair for rabbits in my garden. The good kind.

Comments (3)

• bragu_DSM 5
    9 years ago

mighty nice 'hare chair'

dave

• irawon
    9 years ago

Hostanista,

Cute garden visitors, nicely nestled and comfortable on that chair. One of the things I find difficult is making garden art look natural and not contrived. You've achieved that.

We have bunnies galore here. And talking about rabbits...Way back in the early '80s, I was feeding our new baby, sitting in a rocking chair near the window at about 4 AM, when I happened to glance out the window ... saw a rabbit doing sommersaults...no word of a lie. I haven't seen anything like that since.

Except today, from inside, I saw a squirrel, on the ground, near our back deck, taking off with something close to his chest about the size of a small child's football. I couldn't figure out what it was because he had his forearms tightly wrapped around it. He was having a hard time, so he stopped to chew it. That's when I realized he was carrying the heavy cone of bird seed (about half his size), my DH put up yesterday to treat the birds. By the time I got the camera, he was gone. By the time I got outside, the cone was gone too. Boy, was that funny.

• hostanista
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Funny! That squirrel just won the lottery! Too bad you didn't get a picture. Put another cone out - he'll be back, and he'll be bringing his friends!