SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

OT discussion of security online

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
16 years ago

We don't have a conversations link here, so I don't think there is a problem with posting my question since it is on Oklahoma question.

We have Cox Cable, and we also have Windows Vista. Ours is a new computer that we bought with Vista rather than an upgrade, so we have not had the usual problem with it.It has Norton's and Webroot Spy Sweeper. They are ok, but expensive.

Cox Cable has a free security suite that we have used in the past, and I am considering switching to it again. I can find no discussions or forums about it, and do not know how good it is. Windows has a "defender" for spyware, but I would like to know about the protection of the Cox Security. I think most of it comes from Authentium. This does not seem to be rated on the forum you go to for the ratings, and I would hate to delete the ones we have, download the Cox Security Suite and discover that it has some flaws that I don't want to deal with.

I would love to have any opinions from any of you who have used it. (I am asking here because Cox is in many cities, but I cannot find much information about them. I won't get very far asking them to critique themselves.)

Thanks

Sammy

Comments (5)