SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thisismelissa

I started my drip irrigation system today! Need advice

thisismelissa
14 years ago

...and so far, I'm really liking it!

I started 100 feet of 1/2" line with no pre-installed emitters. I snaked it thru the center of the garden around the hosta and installed 1 gallon emitters on the first 20 (so far) in the line.

From there, I took 1/4" line with pre-installed emitters (12" apart) and branched off to the main line toward the plants that were not yet being watered.

So far, it's going well... I'm mixing products from different lines... Orbit, Rainbird and Raindrip... as each product has a little different appeal.

Anyway, I'm in a quandary:

This is my "NICU" garden (Ken, that's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit--for sick babies and preemies). Anyway, I need to water this garden and do not want to cross the path with irrigation lines. So, instead, I was hoping to have some sort of waterer on the main part of the garden that would spray onto the NICU. But I haven't found anything that would work.... the sprayers I've come across have either been too fine a mist or don't throw far enough. They'd need to throw about 6 feet or so... in a quarter or half circle. The pic below would be for 3 sprayers, but I'm open to doing fewer.

Any thoughts?

Comments (12)