SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jbranch_gw

New Hallson order arrived!

15 years ago

I got my latest Hallson order yesterday and spent a few hours today planting them. It took a few hours because I took the time to move a some hostas that were crowding each other. I moved my H. Antioch which has become one of my largest hosta and is just in its second year. It is in my front hosta bed (I have mainly two beds: one under a big oak tree in my front yard and my second which is a long sweeping bed along my driveway). I also moved a H. Fire and Ice that is next to the Antioch. Antioch is one of those hosta that you donÂt read about too much, but it has been a great hosta so far. I dug up a H. Brim Cup to put in a pot since it is so small. I also dug up a small H. Francee division that will be traded in an upcoming local plant swap. In my front bed I planted my new H. Raspberry Sorbet closest to the street and behind it I planted my new H. LiÂl Abner.

In my bed along my drive, I dug up three large Undulatas and in their place I put in my new H. YesterdayÂs Memories and H. Beckoning. I also planted a H. Blue Betty Lou (purchased from JimÂs Hosta). One of the Undulatas broke in two making a total of four large hostas.

So, I just got back from speaking to a neighbor at my front door. I am getting rid of some of my multiples and all of the Undulata that I dug up I put in a wheelbarrow and set at the street with a "Free Hosta" sign. The hostas were so big, they would not all fit in the wheelbarrow. They will find a new home at one of my neighborÂs house.

So, the new hostas from Hallson are: Beckoning, Raspberry Sorbet, Yesterday's Memories and a bonus hosta - Li'l Abner. I think I like Li'l Abner, the free hosta best of all. I would put some pictures up, but right now I am worn out.

Comments (2)