SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
idiothe

Looking out my windows...

idiothe
10 years ago

How bored IS Idiot HE?!

It is a bummer to have pneumonia in summer. For a month and a half I've been under the medical directive to "rest... don't do anything... drink lots of fluids... take these antibiotics and we'll hope you get better..."

Additional bummer - Levofloxacin had the odd, rare side effect that it can cause tendons to snap - so digging hostas was an adventure.

Additional bummer - Doxycycline has the not-so-rare side effect of increased sun-sensitivity. Pretty hard to work in the garden when you can burn in ten minutes...

Sorry... enough grousing... just explaining why I might actually do a photo tour from my windows. (and why I'm not participating a lot on the forum... just too darn tired...)

First up... a window in a closet for storing shoes and wine... don't ask - it actually used to be the front door of the house... the window and views of our west side garden.

The north side of our house is all garden. The area nearest the house was a wildflower garden that eventually transitioned to mostly hostas as I needed spots to stick some extras. The intention was always that these hostas would be divided and sold... but now they seem to have settled in.

First three pictures are from the westernmost window... our bedroom window...

Moving east... our Dining area/Kitchen... first the dining area window... (I designed and constructed the stained glass windows... DW loves morning glories... also her idea to hang the stained glass panel in the garden)

Again - this is not a "designed" garden... it is really just a holding area...

Finally... the window in our narrow kitchen area...

Comments (25)