SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
the_shady_lady

Easton Garden Club's Garden Mart - May 12th

the_shady_lady
16 years ago

Since many of you asked at the Woodbury swap I thought I would post our press release. I hope it's okay to do so here.

Virginia

Colorful perennials and annuals will brighten the day at the Easton Garden ClubÂs Annual Garden Mart. Held on EastonÂs Firehouse Green at the intersection of Sport Hill and Center Roads on Saturday, May 12 from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM, the Garden Mart is a rain or shine event. Admission is free.

A much anticipated Garden Mart highlight is an enormous selection of more than 600 perennial plants in pots sized from 6-inches to 1-gallon and affordably priced from two to ten dollars. Perennials - locally grown by garden club members  are hardened off and zone appropriate. Arranged by season, the perennials include everything from flowers, ground covers and hostas to shrubs and even some trees. An "Ask the Experts" table is staffed by knowledgeable club members with Master Gardener certification who are available to assist less experienced gardeners in making their selections.

Colorful hanging baskets, MotherÂs Day gift plants, herbs and an assortment of rare and hard-to-find annual plants will augment the large selection of perennials. Obtained from specialty growers, annual selections include fourteen varieties of unique coleus, elephant ears and arctosis, among many others. Dwarf conifers will also be offered for the first time.

A baked goods booth will be fully stocked with delicious items including pies, cakes, cookies, brownies and breads - all homemade by club members.

About the Easton Garden Club

Celebrating its sixty-eighth year, the Easton Garden ClubÂs purpose is to increase interest in gardening among membership and the community and to advance practical knowledge in the culture and care of plants, shrubs, trees, birds and wildflowers. The club is concerned with open space in the community, and works to protect the environment and improve the quality of life in Easton through contributory and charitable activities. The Easton Garden Club is a non-profit organization.

Comments (3)