SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

What's blooming in your July Ohio Valley garden?

alison
17 years ago

It's almost too much to list!

I've got roses, clematis, several kinds of sedum, coreopsis, cosmos, Texas bluebonnets, celosia, 4:00s, gaillardia, lilies, several kinds of daylilies, honeywort, geraniums, 2 kinds of cuphea, stocks, night stocks, fuschia, heliotrope, alyssum, pendulous begonia, calendula, marigolds, echinacea, verbena, the basils, larkspur, scented geraniums, daisies, winter-hardy glads... and that's just off the top of my head!

I'm thrilled, thrilled, thrilled with this stand of stargazer lilies. I've never had such a thick stand of lilies before, but this is the bed I put coffee grounds on. For once, the squirrels didn't dig up the majority of the bulbs I planted, and they all bloomed!

{{gwi:1073119}}

This is my new favorite daylily, Franz Hals. The colors are a bit washed out, because it was so bright this morning, (I wish the cement really was that blue!) but the yellow and orange are incredibly vibrant.

{{gwi:1073120}}

And this is a bit of a cheat, because it's not in my garden, but here's a shot of the waterlilies blooming on the pond at Goodale Park.

{{gwi:1073121}}

So what's blooming by you?

Comments (5)

Sponsored