SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
koidom

Sale at big R now how pair them? long

koidom
16 years ago

My Big R carries plants from a Monrovia, I've always had good luck with them so when their hosta's went on sale I packed the car down for a new bed I'm working on.

All the plants are really nice sized in gallon pots for $4 at most for hostas and $3 at most for the ferns each.

Hosta's

Sun power (three of them)

Ginko Craig ( really nice sized and full)

Krossa regal

Golden prayers

Blue wedgewood

Elegans

Bressingham blue

Blue angel

Undulata Univittata

Wooly mammoth

Frens I got where,

shaggy shild 2ea

robust 2ea

many fingered

lady fern

last year I got a large number of western shield ferns, almost a unlimited supply, and two large dryopteris remota, or (remote wood fern/Scaly Buckler Fern)

three hellabores, a bleeding heart, coral bells, and some other shade plants.

Now how to plant them? looking at my list of hostas I seem to have a large amount of blue ones that will get quite large, do I need more diffrent ones? like more dark greens? or ones with stripes?, so how far away should I plant them to let them grow for at least three/four years with out it looking like a jungle?

I am planting them all in at least three feet of pure compost and they will be well watered all summer by a creek bed and get a soap spray once a week if I remember so I'm exppecting really good growth out of the plants.

If anyone has any pictures of ferns, hostas and other shade plants together I would hope you share them, I have a very fasts computer so post as many as you like!

I have a fern bed with most of the commen ferns and shade plants in the plant trade I need to redo so it if you have picture of other ferns/plants I don't have listed I could probably do the combo, any picture of ferns and hostas in a wooldand type setting would be helpful to this newbie :)

Thanks! Oh if you posted them before thats Ok I'm really new to this site! I live by the coast so I hope to get some drift wood so picture of drift wood with ferns and hostas would be nice also!

sun power blue ones, (blue angel, Bressingham blue, Blue wedgewood, Elegans, Halcyon, Blue Mammoth) now I'm working really hard on a bed for them and hope I will not have to overwinter them in pots, looking at the list it seems like

Comments (12)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012