SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seattlesuze

Work party for the Antique Rose Garden of Anne Belovich March 25

seattlesuze
18 years ago

Anne Belovich, one of the premier antique rose experts in the Pacific Northwest, has a five-acre garden that needs your assistance. Anne has arguably the largest collection of Barbier climbers in the United States and has imported European climbers for the last ten years. Her garden reflects a passion for saving European roses that are disappearing from commerce and is an inspiration to all gardeners who love heirlooms.

Because of illness in the family, Anne hasn't been able to give the garden the time it needs this year, so we're pulling together a work party that will make it shine again. You don't need to be a rose expert - we'll need folks to weed, dig, plant, fertilize organically, climb ladders and tie canes. There will be rose pros available when you need them!

The work party will start at 9:30 am and continue until we're done. Anne will feed us chili and keep us supplied with hot drinks. You just need to bring your work gloves, any special tools you want, and rain gear.

Anne's property is just outside of Stanwood on 5 acres. There's even an 1885 pioneer split-log cabin on the property. And Anne and her husband, Max, live in the house they built themselves. Anne is a garden structure designer so you're sure to gather some great ideas while you're helping.

Drop me an email to tell me you can help and I'll send details to you. Let me know if you need to carpool and where you're coming from.

Looking forward to meeting you on this great project!

Sue

Comments (5)