SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seakrits

Utterly and completely new..like a shiny penny

seakrits
16 years ago

Ok. This is my first post here, and I hope you all can help me. I've done a bit of weeding here and there to my back yard. My mother in law has come and help me plant a few things from time to time. I've gotten hints and tips from people every once in awhile, but overall, I'm pretty bad at gardening. This year however, I have vowed to MAKE THINGS GROW in my backyard! This is partially due to the fact that we want to sell our house next year, and also that my mother bought each of my 3 children a bucket containing no less than 38 bulbs EACH.

I. NEED. HELP.

I've spent the last 3-4 days at 4-6 hour stretches weeding, raking, dumping, kicking, pulling, poking, and scratching my head cluelessly as I stare at my yard and wonder where to go from here. I know I need to work on the soil. Right now I would call it 'dirt', and depending on where you are in my yard, it could be 'muddy dirt' or 'clay-like dirt' or something in between.

Aside from calling in a landscaper (cause I can't afford one), I need either step by step instructions, or a site that has an 'idiots guide to gardening' or something along those lines. Any help offered will be appreciated. Really. Trust me, you can NOT tell me something I don't already know beyond 'you need some earth, and bulbs'. Cause that about the extent of my knowledge.

CHEERS! :)

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville